- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 shallots
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper, diced ½ inch square
- 1 knob ginger, peeled
- 1 small knob galangal
- 4 clove garlic, diced
- 1 skinless Springer chicken thighs, diced
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 1 oz palm sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- fish sauce (to taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Cup Sushi Rice
- Warm Water
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Add sesame oil, shallots, bell peppers, ginger, galangal, and garlic to pan on medium to high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken thighs are cooking, rinse rice under cold water until water becomes clear then add rice to new pot on medium to high heat.
- Add coconut milk and enough water to cover first knuckle joint on index finger. Make sure it’s mixed well and that the rice is evenly flat.
- Let the rice comes to a simmer then turn it down to low heat for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, take it off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes covered.
- Once curry is starting to become aromatic add chicken stock, coconut milk, tumeric, lemon grass, and bring to a simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- After coconut milk and chicken stock have reduced, take out lemon grass.
- Season with palm sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Add cilantro before serving.
- Plate rice and curry together and enjoy!