- 4 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy), plus additional for dipping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 stalks cilantro
- pepper, to taste
- oil, to fry
- Combine lemon grass, orange juice, ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and pepper to make the marinade. Add chicken legs and marinate at least one hour or overnight.
- Put a ceramic baking dish in oven, and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a fry pan. Reserve marinade. Cook drumsticks and brown all sides over medium heat (chicken does not need to be fully cooked).
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and pour the reserved marinade onto the chicken. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked. Broil the last 5 min if desired. Remove from oven, and serve with additional chili sauce on the side.