- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- One 3-4 pound chicken, spatchcocked*
- Olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all of the spices and lemon zest and combine. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and then with the spice mixture, separating the skin from the meat to place some rub inside there.
- Heat your grill pan or grill. If using a grill pan, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Over medium-high heat, brown the chicken for 6-7 minutes skin side down, then flip and brown on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Place in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.