- 1 lb Wings
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pickled Carrots
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 Gal Water
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Pickling Spice
Korean Pepper Jelly:
- 7 Cups Red Pepper Jelly
- 1 Cup Gouchjang
- 1 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 8 Tbsp Fish Sauce
For the Brine:
- In a large pot over high heat add all of the brine ingredients and bring up to a boil and cool.
- While water is boiling make sure to stir occasionally to ensure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Once the brine has cooled down, add chicken wings and refrigerate for 24 hours.
For the Korean Pepper Jelly:
- Carefully place all of the pepper jelly ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
For the Wings:
- Preheat smoker with apple wood chips to 200° F.
- Once brined carefully place wings in smoker for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the largest wing temps at 165° F.
- In a clean mixing bowl pour the Korean pepper jelly while the wings are getting smoked.
- Once wings reach the desired temperature carefully pour over the Korean pepper jelly sauce.
- Toss smoked wings in Korean pepper jelly.
- Once wings are thoroughly covered place on a clean plate.
- Finish with pickled carrots, shaved radish, cilantro and sesame seeds.