- 6 Chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted butter, divided
- 3 1/2 CUPS Baby spinach, chopped
- 16 ounces baby Dutch potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 CUP Unsalted butter
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 CUP Chicken broth, or more, as needed
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 CUP Half and half
- 1/2 CUP Freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken thighs with Italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Sear about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Stir in spinach and cook about 2 minutes, or until it begins to wilt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook about 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Add thyme and basil. Cook about 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly, until incorporated. Stir in half and half and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken into the prepared baking dish. Add potatoes and spinach. Top with the cream sauce.
- Roast in the oven about 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately.