- Salt, for cooking pasta and seasoning chicken
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1/4 pound sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Chile flakes, to taste
- Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot, boil salted water for pasta. Once boiling, cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions. Once drained, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Cook the garlic and onions until onions are soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Remove onions and garlic from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and cook in the same pan until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Once cooked, add the garlic, onions, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, and chile flakes to the pan and stir to combine the flavors and heat everything through.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables with the pasta and mix to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!