2 Springer Mountain Chicken Breast
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon lemon yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
3 basil leaves
1 grilled red onion
- Season chicken breast with salt and add to skillet, seasoned side down. Season the other side of the chicken.
- Bring heavily salted pot of water to boil. Add quinoa to water and turn down to medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes until endosperm is exposed. Stir occasionally.
- Slice avocado in half. Take spoon and guide along avocado skin to remove. Cut avocado into slices. Pour small amount of lemon juice over avocado slices to prevent oxidizing.
- Flip chicken breast and cook at 165 degree heat to ensure it is fully cooked.
- Slice onion in half and grill. With the flat side down, cut onion into slices.
- Salt cucumber to remove liquid.
- Chiffonade leaves of basil. Mix basil into lemon yogurt and add a pinch of salt
- Strain cooked quinoa and add to bowl of ice water to chill it down. Allow to chill for a couple minutes. Strain ice water once chilled.
- Set cooked chicken aside for 5-10 minutes to chill. Put into fridge to speed process. Remove and slice.
- Plate! Add ingredients to your liking. Finish with a dollop of the yogurt basil mix.