- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (optional)
- cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- Clean chicken and remove all the giblets. Dry it with a paper towel.
- Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken as well as inside the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag and refrigerate it over night.
- When ready to cook, throw in half of sliced onion at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add chicken and place the other half onion on top of it. Add celery slices around the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Dish the chicken and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve warm.