- 1 large skinless and boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 heaping cup mini pepper or bell pepper mix, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, any kind, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- iceberg lettuce leaves
For the drizzling sauce:
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon less sodium soy sauce
- Place diced chicken breast in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch, brown sugar, 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Toss well, wrap with plastic wrap and place it back in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- While the chicken is marinating, chop the peppers and mushrooms.
- Next, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, dissolve hot mustard in hot water. Add soy sauce and red chili paste. Stir until even and creamy.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat up oil over high heat. Add chicken and toss for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Place mushrooms and sweet mini peppers in the same pan. Saute for 1 minute with the remaining oil.
- Now add the chicken back. Sprinkle a small pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and toss everything in the pan quickly.
- Dish out the chicken filling. When serving, place a scoop of the filling on one lettuce wrap leaf; drizzle a few drops of sauce; wrap it up and enjoy!