- 3 Large Red Beets
- 900 g Yolks
- 1000 g 0f Flour
- 50 g Salt
- 50 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch Asorbic Acid Beet Pulp
- 1 Pint Rice Vinegar
- 1 Pint Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Evaporated Cane Juice
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Links Smoked Chicken Sausage
- Using juicer, peel and juice the large red beets, reserving pulp.
- Blend yolks and beet pulp in vita prep until completely smooth.
- Combine all other ingredients with beet yolk mix in large hobart with hook attachment.
- Mix on medium speed until it forms a ball that doesn’t stick to the bowl.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and let rest for 1 hour.
- Add flour onto surface and roll pasta out into a 1/8″ thick sheet.
- Cut into 3 inch rounds with a round cookie cutter.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon of beet pulp into the center of each round.
- Brush egg wash (on the bottom half of the round and fold over to seal.
- Fold back around your finger and turn down the edge to form a tortellini.
- Shuck and cut corn from cobs.
- Juice kernels in champion juicer.
- Heat juice in pan slowly, stirring constantly until thickens.
- Transfer in to vita prep, on high add cold butter until smooth.
- Pass through chinois hold in lidded container.
Corn & Jalapeño Pickle:
- Shuck corn & char whole on grill.
- Cut corn from cobs and put into 2 quart container.
- Seed & slice jalapeños put into separate 2 quart container.
- In sauce pot combine bring to simmer and pour hot over jalapeños. Once cooled add to charred corn let sit over night.
- Place pasta into boiling water for 2-4 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- In a pan, add beet glaze and bring to a boil, reduce.
- After beet glaze reduces by half, add in pasta.
- Fold the beet glaze onto the pasta.
- Add butter allow butter and glaze to integrate.
- In another pan over medium heat, lightly sear the chicken sausage.
- Slice chicken sausage into 3/4 inch thick medallions.
- Plate beet glazed pasta, chicken sausage medallions, spoon the corn sauce and top with corn and jalapeño relish; garnish with some micro greens and baby corn shoots and enjoy!