- A little less than a 1/2 pound of Piave Vecchio*, cubed, plus more for grating
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- One 13 1/2-ounce can artichoke hearts, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
- One 5-ounce box mixed greens
- 1/2 cup chicken breast, cubed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1. Sear chicken breast in oil until cooked.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large serving bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Then grate a little bit of the cheese into the bowl and combine.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
6. Season to taste and serve.