- 1 1/4 lb chicken (dark & light meat preferred), ground OR chopped in a food processor
- 1 ea baby Vidalia onion bulbs – bulbs minced, green tops sliced
- 1 ea Green garlic shoot, minced
- ¼ bunch kale – destemmed
- 3 oz Feta cheese (full fat)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- ½ tsp madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable/canola oil
- Prepare the ingredients above for mixing. For the kale, briefly blanch or saute the leaves until it is wilted. Drain off any excess liquid by squeezing it out with your hands or a clean dish rag, then chop the greens.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the oil. To test the burger mixture for seasoning, heat a small pan and cook a small meatball-size portion. Let it cool then taste it. You can adjust the seasoning to your liking!
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into 1” thick patties. Chill/rest the patties, covered, to ensure that they will hold their shape when cooking. You can prepare the burgers to this step up to 1 day in advance.
- To cook, pre-heat a griddle or grill pan over medium heat. Rub all sides of the patties with fat if using the grill pan, or add the oil to a griddle pan. Sprinkle with a small amount more of salt and pepper, then cook! These burgers, unlike beef burgers, must be cooked entirely through to serve (165°F). Cook about 8-10 minutes on each side. Drain briefly on a paper towel then serve!
- Serve on or off a bun with lettuce, mayo, and dijon mustard. Or get fancy with it and make a spring (green) garlic aioli!