- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped and chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Heat the oil over medium high heat. Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides until golden brown and remove from the pan.
2. Add the bacon and render until crispy. Add onion and cook until softened.
3. Add garlic, thyme, red pepper, and thyme; and cook until fragrant. Deglaze with the wine, then add tomatoes, white beans, and chicken broth. Cover with the lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and turn off the heat. Stir in parsley, lemon juice, and butter. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.